Friday, July 01, 2011

harry potter, july 1

i saw this as i tore off the page from my harry potter calendar last night and thought about it.
i was reminded it of this afternoon when emily texted me to say how much she liked today's quote.
and as i sat down tonight, i read it again and decided it was sheep worthy.

harry: ...i just feel so angry all the time.  and what if, after everything  that i've been through, something's gone wrong inside me?  what if i'm becoming bad?

sirius: i want you to listen to me very carefully, harry.  you're not a bad person.  you're a very good person, who bad things have happened to.  you understand?  besides, the world isn't split into good people and death eaters.  we've all got both light and dark inside of us.  what matters is the part we choose to act on.  that's who we really are.

actual time of posting: 1:10 a.m.

2 comments:

kwistin said...

gaaaaaaaaah. i *really* like that.

interesting how much wisdom can come from the most unassuming sources....

The Former 786 said...

Yeah, Sirius Black is my hero. And I was feeling EXACTLY like that the other day. No dark wizard-y stuff, but I just felt bitter and angry all the time and wondered if I had changed - I hadn't, I was just in a slump and I've pulled out since then. . .I think. . . we'll see.