Friday, July 29, 2011

glitch

you can fight all you want.
you're not going to see this screen.
editor's note: our staff writer is busy with school work at the moment, working to finish a whole lot before next friday.  we will have the tally hall review up whenever we get the chance.

as a kid (and, as of now), dragon warrior 3 was one of my favorite nintendo games.  i've even written about it on here once or twice.
once when i was working my way through the game in order to save the world from evil, i was fighting one of the major bosses, baramos.  i had my warriors equipped with powerful swords and strong armor, my wizards knew excellent spells, and they were all at high hit points.  i was ready for the fight.
and i fought.
and fought.
and baramos would not die.

the game came with a little chart of all of the enemies and their respective hit points.  i kept an approximate mental tally of how much damage i had done and yes, this guy should have been defeated three times over by the time my magic points ran out and i was no longer able to heal my team.  i watched them die against a mistakenly unconquerable challenge.

it was a little more annoying, too, when my brother beat baramos on his game without any real difficulty.  interestingly, though, he said he'd had the same thing happen to him once, too, although with a different boss.
i don't remember if i was able to defeat baramos on my next attempt or if i had to start over with a whole new game.

at any rate, yeah.

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

I remember playing Who Framed Roger Rabbit? on the NES and I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to defeat Judge Doom. I spent hours and hours on that game and I would always bite the bullet in the end. However, a little while back I revisited the game, now as a full-grown adult with access to the internet and I figured out what I was doing wrong. Judge Doom soon fell and I finally felt like I had become an adult. . .or a child again. . .I don't know. Point is, don't give up - there's always the internet.