Tuesday, May 23, 2006

the japan chronicles

despite what the stamped date says, as far as i'm concerned, it's 8:03 a.m. on wednesday the 24th.
internet is scarce here, making publishing a little difficult. and while i have been writing some on my own computer each day [which somehow made its way to the country with me, despite original plans to the contrary], the high standards for aesthetic perfection of the japanese culture have become a part of my own psyche, and i do not feel my writing be yet worthy. when the time is right, i will post each day individually.
i think i will spend today's time on the bullet train in agonizing editing.

to see real japan
six o'clock leave but to find
the fish market's closed

3 comments:

Em said...

I wait in angst for more.

LJ said...

St. George is Smallville.
Only one store sells sushi--
No culture here, bub.

--jeff * said...

yet unfit for blog
everyday i write and write
internet a rarity