Sunday, November 20, 2011

past, present, and future

found  myself pondering this early this week as i took the morning to sit by a fountain and read.

rafiki: look down there.

simba: that's not my father. that's just my reflection.

rafiki: no, look harder... you see? he lives in you.

mufasa: simba.

simba: father?

mufasa: simba, you have forgotten me. 

simba: no. how could i?

mufasa: you have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. look inside yourself, simba. you are more than what you have become. you must take your place in the circle of life.

simba: how can i go back? i'm not who i used to be.

mufasa: remember who you are. you are my son, and the one true king. remember...

2 comments:

kwistin said...

"you are more than what you have become...remember who you are."

ever since pres. monson's devotional, it's been on my mind.

The Former 786 said...

It's been parodied and satirized so many times, that it's hard for me to take that scene seriously anymore, but it really does have a good message in there. Thanks for the reminder.