but my interest and hope that it would actually be good slowly faded until i didn't even know it came out last weekend.
it's currently at 98% on rottentomatoes and i want to list a few reasons why i thoroughly loved it.
- while the script at times stumbles to one side or the other, the story itself is brilliantly self-aware and is fully aware that the muppet show went off the air thirty years ago.
- i really can't pick my favorite celebrity cameo, although i think it might be jim parsons. that was awesome. although zach galifianakis as hobo joe...
- my other dilemma of which i liked more: the barbershop quartet singing "smells like teen spirit" or the camilla and the chickens performing "cluck you."
- the three greatest gifts in the world: 1. children. 2. ice cream. 3. laughter.
- "rainbow connection."
- all of the jokes about the generational disconnect: "whoopi goldberg! selina gomez! and, i'm sorry, i don't recognize you."
- the power to travel by map.
- my realization that i'm a muppety man.
- the mahna mahna credits.
- lastly, i'm pretty sure i had a huge grin on my face when they perfectly re-staged the opening song of the muppet show.
i'm not sure how well it will hold up over time it was the best time i've had in a theater in quite a while.
my dad, who is a muppet purist, and my mom also enjoyed the show.