we had a fireside tonight, given by the patriarch of the waco stake and his wife. on the chalkboard in front was written "twelve keys to lives of hope and peace." i was expecting them to list nice and simple answers, the kind of things we usually see in lists like that. ....and i guess they did, although the answers were actually really profound and helpful. so i'ma post them here for you to read.
i also noticed that they really did team teach; he and his wife were balanced in taking turns teaching. it was really cool. (future wife, we're so doing that....)
::twelve keys to lives of hope and peace::
- live a simple life (don't follow the world's trend of being overly busy)
- spend less than you earn (put away some for a hard time, because hard times will come)
- think constructively
- develop a yielding disposition
- be grateful (especially towards Heavenly Father)
- give generously (be wise and within your means)
- rule your moods
- work with the right motive (the highest purpose of our life should be to grow spiritually)
- be interested in other (peace and happiness will be natural byproducts)
- have a hobby (this can help deal with stress)
- live one day at a time (don't wait until things get easier to be happy)
- keep close to the Lord (strengthen your testimony)
pretty cool stuff.
plus, we got strawberry shortcake afterwards.