Wednesday, March 21, 2012

in the company of jeff

sometimes, i wish i could just to go to the cinemark and pick a movie and enjoy it.
that i wouldn't sit there and think about the story and the characters and what the movie was saying and what i got from it.
that i could just go there and be happy with the pretty movie stars and the explosions and the robots and the aliens.

that i didn't have to spend 11 months of the year waiting for "oscar season" for a movie that really challenges me and is worth my time. that i didn't have to wait years in between movies like "wall-e" and "the tree of life", movies that really make me stop and think and change how i see life.
that i thought critically acclaimed movies were boring and too artsy, that i wasn't looking for anything more than just an escape for a few hours.


but that's not me.
and while it's frustrating and discouraging, i like this about me.
i love the excitement of sitting down and, after a long drought, finding something fresh and new. of characters and scenes and worlds and ideas that are things i'd never thought before, or that show me my world in a new light.
that prove that all of the good stories have NOT yet been told, that remind me that great movies can still be made.

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

Yup. We are of one mind on this.