Tuesday, October 20, 2009

balance

two (or three or four) animation projects at two universities, a group of excellent friends, a ward and stake calling, working lay the foundation for future goals and dreams, continuing to be awesome, and a great schedule of movies at the international cinema, to name a few.

(i don't believe it! just yesterday, this video was up on youtube, and today it's gone--it's 20 years old, so how they chose today to remove it is beyond me. the only version i could find has dude's added score, which is unfortunate, because it's stronger with the silence.)

nevertheless, it's things like this that make me love the "short" categories at the oscars. we saw this in my history of film class, and i've loved it since. it's a few minutes long, but worth seeing (and it may not be up here much longer...)

1 comment:

~Bekahjo said...

Wow. I know you're looking at that from a filmmaker's point of view, so I'm not sure what you see--but from a social worker's point of view, that's just...every client I've ever worked , every problem they've ever faced, and every struggle that they've ever been through. If that won the Oscar, it deserved it.